|Location||Rhyl, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 7, 2022|
Are you an experienced education professional who specialises in supporting young people with social, emotional, and mental health (SEMH) difficulties?
Are you passionate about working with vulnerable children and looking for an exciting new opportunity?
We are recruiting for Teaching Assistants to work in a dynamic Alternative Provision, that has several sites across Rhyl and Prestatyn.
The Alternative Provisions cater for vulnerable young people aged 8 to 18 who are disengaged from mainstream education. You will be required to support leaner engagement through collaborative planning and delivery of content. You will be creative in your approach and engage the learners you work with to build strong professional relationships.
The pupils who attend this alternative provision have a range of additional needs and disabilities including Social Emotional & Mental Health (SEMH) needs, ADHD, Autism and Attachment Disorder; so excellent, positive behaviour management is necessary with a calm but firm approach. You will be working alongside a supportive staff team ensuring a positive and safe learning environment is provided for all students.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Minimum of 3 months experience of working with children
- Experience working in additional needs
- Behaviour Management
- Team Teach or PRICE restraint trained, preferred but not essential
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers