|Location||Rhyl, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||February 21, 2023|
Do you have experience in Fostering, Child Social Care or Alternative Provisions?
We have a full-time role for a Child Support Worker to support children with social emotional, mental health difficulties at a school in Rhyl.
Chalk has a rewarding opportunity for a full-time Child Support Worker to support looked after children within a small alternative classroom in a mainstream school.
You will be working in a school that caters for children aged 5-16 who cannot thrive in a mainstream educational setting because of their social, emotional, or mental health difficulties. Children attending this alternative provision have previously had a negative experience within their education and can display challenging behaviours.
The school offers children a chance at receiving a formal education. As a teaching assistant you will be prepared to make a positive contribution to children’s learning, supporting them to re-engage with their education, by making lessons fun and interesting. You will need to show resilience, be calm and empathetic with an ability to use de-escalation techniques and to always re-enforce good behaviour positively.
Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
This role is to start after Easter until July 2023 with a view to going permanent. Hours are Monday to Friday 8:30am-3:30pm.
To be considered for this role you will need:
- Have experience of working with children
- Experience with challenging behaviour
- De-escalation training would be an advantage.
- A mentor or role model to students
- A caring, positive, and flexible approach
- Experience within Fostering, Youth Offending,
- Or experience in a PRU settings, School or Prisons
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience.
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers.