|Location||Billinge, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||September 2, 2022|
|Salary||£ – £85 per day|
Chalk Education are seeking a 1:1 Behaviour Support Assistant for a full-time role in Wigan
This is a fixed term post, until December 2022 – however applications for permanent roles will be considered.
Our client provides educational provision to a small cluster of pupils aged 4-16, all children have an EHCP for a variety of reasons including Social Emotional and Mental Health needs. Others have difficulties which require assessment referrals and input from Educational Psychologists, Social Workers, Speech and Language Therapists and Counsellors.
As a Behaviour Support Assistant, your role will include working closely with colleagues to create a supportive and nurturing environment, creating an individualised curriculum for pupils delivered on a 1:1 basis designed to reduce barriers to learning and maximise potential. You will be confident in managing pupil behaviour effectively and passionate about offering pastoral support and delivering interventions that encourage engagement with education.
- To implement behaviour modification interventions specific to issues raised by pastoral staff and/or subject teachers with particular focus on students with emotional or mental health needs.
- To support the holistic progress of individuals and small groups by facilitating emotional and behavioural support using a variety of intervention strategies.
- To deliver programmes of specific intervention e.g., mental and emotional health, self-esteem, anger-management, self-awareness etc. to groups and individuals.
- To work with students to improve punctuality, levels of attendance and/or to ease a return to school following prolonged absence.
- To work under the guidance of the SENCO, teaching and senior staff to implement agreed interventions and programmes of work.
- To work with individual students having received prior information e.g., current behavioural issues, academic levels, and reason for referral, from the appropriate Head of Year.
- To create a calm, working atmosphere with the minimum of disturbance and confrontation whilst applying the whole school expectations assertively and fairly.
We are seeking individuals with experience supporting young people within an education setting. You must be resilient and passionate about working with young people with very complex needs. You may also have experience in Education, Care or Youth Work.
o References confirming suitability for role
o Commitment to Safeguarding
o Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service
o Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers
At Chalk our direction, and long-term target, is to be the top specialist education agency out there, providing bespoke staffing solutions to schools and education provisions across the UK. We offer a personal service to all of our candidates, listening to your individual needs and taking into account your special requirements.
We recruit SEND (Special Educational Needs and Disabilities) staff for both mainstream schools, Special Needs Schools and alternative provisions, filling short-term, long-term and permanent vacancies. If you are looking for an honest, professional and committed attitude, then give Chalk a chance to earn your trust.
For more info please contact Sarah on 07496 803194.
The Legal Bit
Chalk is an education recruitment agency committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of all children and young people. Chalk promotes equal opportunities and diversity for employees, workers, and applicants. We follow new GDPR laws to ensure the protection and privacy of your data.