|Location||Llandudno, United Kingdom|
|Date Posted||March 16, 2023|
Are you looking for flexible work to supplement a current role or your studies?
Are you a caring individual who can engage and support children with Additional Learning Needs?
Chalk Education is looking for flexible individuals to work part-time basis in a special school located in Llandudno.
Experience in a school setting is not essential as this role would suit those who have worked in the health and social care sectors or those who are currently studying in the field of education and/or special educational needs. Alongside the staff you will be responsible for safeguarding and protecting the welfare of children and young people.
Hours of work are between 8:30am-3:30pm, Monday to Friday, or odds days. Starts ASAP on a term by term basis.
As a Teaching Assistant in a Special Needs School, you will be required to assist with personal care while maintaining the pupil’s dignity. You will work closely with the class teacher supporting the children across various activities, while providing a happy and safe learning environment. This welcoming Special School that boasts outstanding facilities and caters for pupils aged 4 to 19 with a wide variety of additional needs, including complex medical needs, Profound & Multiple Learning Difficulties (PMLD), Autism , Speech Language & Communication Needs (SLCN).
To be considered for this role you will need:
- A ‘can do’ attitude and a strong work ethic
- Excellent communication skills
- A caring, positive, and flexible approach
- Experience working or volunteering or working with individuals with Complex Needs
- Experience in personal care, hoists, manual handling, peg feeding
- Experience in Autism and physical disabilities
- References confirming suitability for role
- Commitment to Safeguarding
- Enhanced DBS certificate registered on the update service or willing to apply
- Registered with EWC or willing to apply
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- Support from dedicated and knowledgeable specialist consultants
- Continual professional development through online training
- Competitive pay rates related to your experience
- Opportunities within a range of schools and provisions
- Refer a friend bonus with £150 in vouchers